Wednesday, April 9, 2008

stylists and librarians unite!

I read this in an article about more tween girls styling their hair.

"I tell stylists to get more involved in school and community events to reach out to these younger girls," he said. "They may not want to think in those terms, but these girls are our future business."

The approach sounded kinda familiar.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/lifestyle/358211_tweenhair09.html

P.S.
In a recent forum on Weary Parent, a child-raising blog, one person admitted in a post that she had tried to give her 11-year old daughter the blond-on-brown look of Jamie Lynn Spears of Nickelodeon's "Zoey 101."
"But that was a disaster," she wrote. "I had to pull her out of school for a day so I could fix it."

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I don't know. Maybe I'm too square, but at my last library there were 6-year-olds with highlighted hair. I find it disturbing. That's not the same as tweens, and I do remember the whole "dye your hair with Kool-Aid" craze when I was in Middle School, but I didn't do it then, either.

I'm so boring.