Monday, June 16, 2008

OMG FEED IS HAPPENING!!!

(You've read MT Anderson's FEED, right?)

This article poses the idea that because so many people's primary source of reading material is web-based that the source is beginning to affect not only how we READ, but how we THINK.

Add in the fact that more and more profit is ad based...

And then the fact that there's practically a whole language used just online (oh, and in txt)...

Pretty soon we'll all have the interwebs plugged into our brains...

It's a ridiculously long (do I think that b/c my brain has changed? Ugh.) article, but interesting.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Great, thought provoking article. I found myself itching to multitask while reading it, and challenged myself to go straight through. It was really really hard.

I definitely know what he means about changed reading habits. A lot of my friends, including editors and authors, feel the same way.

Good stuff. Thanks for posting it Jackie.